Don Valley Academy believes that academic excellence can best be achieved with a low student-to-teacher ratio. The part-time student has the option of joining a small class, with a maximum class size of ten students, or selecting one-on-one instruction.
• A small-class learning environment is something we value at Don Valley Academy. The intimate class size allow our instructors to provide individualized teaching, and promote a positive, respectful, and encouraging learning environment that we believe is essential to students’ academic success.
• The option of private, one-on-one study is best suited to students who need additional attention, or who have a need for a flexible schedule in order to accommodate other obligations. The student may enroll and commence the course at any time over a calendar year. Sessions may be booked during days, evenings or weekends. The student will be scheduled for thirty-seven, 3-hour classes. Classes are structured to include an instruction component followed by a work or testing period.
• Evening courses run from September to January, or from February to June, with a three-hour class that meets two evenings a week.
• Weekend courses run on the same schedule, but with a six-hour class that meets one day a week.
Summer credit courses are available throughout July and August. Classes are one month long, so a student may take up to two credits over the span of a summer. Many of our students use this time to get ahead and alleviate their future course load in their day school. Students have the option of a small class or private instruction.
• Summer courses run Monday to Friday, six hours per day (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) for one month.
• Choose the July session (July 3 to 27, 2018) or the August session (July 30 to August 24, 2018).